Monday, October 10, 2011

Goodbye

Feel the rain on your skin
And feel it for me again
This time I won't be walking with you

Goodbye beautiful day

Night time you won't see
My face here any more
And daylight is lonely

Goodbye beautiful day
Sorry I'm not ok

The window, I wrote you
This song to keep you awake
So some times you'll see
Just what you meant to me

Goodbye beautiful day
I must be on my way
I'm sorry, I'm gone
I have to go this way

A ghost's hand I held
You held just as tight
Remember who I was
As he makes you smile

Goodbye beautiful day
When I'm gone, close your eyes
You'll see me in the stars

Goodbye innocent girl
And goodbye beautiful world.

2 comments:

  1. It definitely conveys a sense of loss. And yeah at first it totally feels like a suicide note or something but it also clearly could be about someone who's lost touch with joy. That may be the aspect that is more easily relatable to in this day and age.

    There's this duality throughout that I think is really could because I didn't pick up on it the first or second time around. For instance:

    "Feel the rain on your skin and feel it for me again." Almost automatically you think, 'okay well this guy is gonna off himself and wants you to feel it for him cuz he isnt gonna be around to feel it for himself anymore." But then you look at it through the other lens and its almost more clearly " he wants you to feel the rain for him because he's there, standing in it & he can't feel it cuz he's got nothing left inside to make him feel it anymore. but he desperately wants to, so he futiley tries to experience it through you."

    I think it's definitely well written and the duality makes it much more engrossing than you actually think it is at first. Nicely done man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There's this duality throughout that I think is really GOOD because..."

    Good, not could. :)

    ReplyDelete